Search results

1. Jakki

Hard Water At Home

Since we moved house we've had to replace our kettle about every 12 months. The amount of limescale that builds up on the element is incredible. I've never seen anything like it. The speed it builds up in the bottom of the kettle you just wouldn't believe. I know it's caused by hard water...
  2. Jakki

Toilet Tank leaking into Toilet Bowl

I think this is any easy fix? Does the stop cock just need some kind of minor adjustment? There's a small continuous flow leaking from the toilet water tank down into the toilet bowl. It's small, but steady. I think it has something to do with the stop cock not closing a valve correctly. Any...
  3. Jakki

Worn Electrical Cable & Insulating Tape

I have a worn out laptop charger cable where the wiring inside is exposed. I keep wrapping it up with pvc tape to cover up the damaged area, but after a couple of weeks the insulating tape slides out of position to re-expose the damaged area and the wires. See pic attached. Is there any way of...
  4. Jakki

Water Tank - Solar Heating Panels

Quick question about the water tank that is being heated by roof solar panels... Is it normal for it to make loud gurgling noises as it heats up? Once the sun has been shining for a while and the panels begin to get to work the tank makes occasional very load noises. Maybe every 15 minutes or...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks