Search results

1. ghaun

Challenging Bath Vent

All, I have posted parts of this scenario in a few other threads, but I was hoping to tighten up my question within this new post. I am having trouble venting a tub within my bathroom. It is a free-standing tub in the middle of the floor. Please see the attached picture for my explanation. I...
  2. ghaun

Relief Vent a Trap Arm for a Fixture Drain serving as Wet-vent

All, I am hoping that you can help me with a scenario. In order to wet-vent a tub, I have a vanity sink which would be pressing the length of its trap arm. Is it possible to relief vent that trap arm, so that the vertical wet-to-dry for the wet vent is still present for the tub? Due to floor...
  3. ghaun

Slope for Trap Arm

Hello, I am a bit confused by the slopes provided in table 906.1. It makes sense that a 2" pipe at 1/4" per foot would max out at 8 feet in length. That would put the level right at the top of the pipe meeting the vent. ...but what I don't understand is the 1/8" per foot requirement for the...
  4. ghaun

Wet vent without the dry vented fixture

So this may seem like a crazy question, but I have a scenario where having a vent up-stream a few feet for my tub would be preferred, as I have a wall there that I could come up. So my question is as such, if there was a vanity there, I could connect to that and use as a wet vent. So imagine...
  5. ghaun

Does every stack require a stack vent

All, I have a question regarding the concept and requirement for a stack vent for every stack. I live in PA and my township stipulates the 2003 IPC and updates thereafter. I have a 3" stack that extends as a stack vent through the roof and that serves as a drain for a large shower on the first...