Search results

1. TX Hill Country

1400 foot water line in hill country TX

The most important would be operating gates at either end of the property. Next (and also important) will be lighting, certainly led. Probably just minimal landscape lighting for safety and looks. After that, having power could be handy for running tools, and that's wide open. So yes the...
  2. TX Hill Country

thanks for the confirmation! I'll keep your points in mind for pressure readings and filter. The electrical is a different question, when I've looked at the voltage drop for a simple 15A line the wire size is huge, so I've started looking at whether I can use transformers to go from...
  3. TX Hill Country

I don't know that I'd trust any answer from the water provider, I imagine it depends on their infrastructure but you're probably right that I should ask. For the trenching I don't know if I'll really save anything because I plan to trench end of end of the driveway for accessible irrigation...
  4. TX Hill Country

thanks, that calculator looks perfect. And also your comment about not entirely ruling out the shorter run from the bottom end of the property. I've assumed it will be 60 psi, but I really don't know. I'm in favor of having too much pressure vs insufficient pressure, with the knowledge that...
  5. TX Hill Country

Thanks, that helps - In my area I think city water is often around 60PSI but I really don't know at this property, but I'll keep that in mind. So PRVs will required at the entrance to the home and shop, which makes sense because the pressure gain from the elevation drop will be always be...
  6. TX Hill Country

I've seen a few posts about long supply runs from water meter to house, however I haven't seen (or found online) any generic calculator or table that applies. My situation - Water meter is available at top or bottom of property which is about 2000 feet deep, with 140 feet elevation drop from...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks