Search results

1. JDB

Adding wye to existing house drain

Excellent, so if I have 2” of visible pipe between the hubs, it should be fine? That would help me stay within one stud bay.
  2. JDB

I finally have things opened up and, sure enough, the existing vent stack is 1.5 inches. I assume it will be okay if I use a reducer on the 2 inches drain line inside the wall to tie into the existing roof vent?
  3. JDB

I’m sorry, I’m not understanding. Can you clarify what you mean? There is no 2x2.5x1.5 tee in my system that I’m aware of.
  4. JDB

Awesome, appreciate the feedback. This seems like the best way to go, as I do not have to mess with the clean out and can also erase the builder's goof on the san tee.
  5. JDB

Yes, the toilet is wet vented by the sink, good point. Even though the new standpipe with have its own, dedicated vent you recommend coming in downstream from sink? Could I come in after the sink through a rotated wye, assuming I maintain 1/4" per foot drop? For example, looking from the top of...
  6. JDB

Yes, thank you! I questioned that as well. This is a fairly recent build so not sure how that passed inspection. Any concerns hogging out the existing wye with a socket saver versus a rip and replace? The only other issue I have is the new clean out is going to be rather close to the basement...
  7. JDB

Hello all, I would like to add a 2" standpipe at the end run of a house drain where a clean out exists today. The clean out fixture (i.e. threads) would be completely removed, a wye would be put in and the clean out would be replaced on the end of the new wye. Looking for feedback on my rather...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks