Search results

1. handywill

Basement washing machine vent question

I was thinking, and another possible option would be to keep it super simple and have no trap where the washer is and just run 2” PVC dumping into the slop sink. It wouldn’t be the most elegant, but it wouldn’t require any venting at all. The sink has two basins, so we would still be able to use...
  2. handywill

Thank you much! I know none of the fittings in the drawing are correct (santee, wye, tee, etc), and the slope of the pipes aren’t shown either; I was just trying to get the basic point across. I was most definitely not doing anything artistic in any of the options ;-).
  3. handywill

Hello, I am finishing my basement and have a question about how to vent a washer. I have a washer going in about 12 feet from the main soil stack (cast iron, goes into floor, not “hung”), which I had a plumber put in a place that I can connect to with 2” PVC a while ago. The stack has various...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks