Search results

1. irrigator

Sand point clogging and unusable.

Oh ok. Well I wasn't able to pump with my pitcher pump. Maybe a more powerful pump could do it. Really not sure. My pitcher pump makes great suction but seems limited by the shortness of the stroke.
  2. irrigator

So since I am Able to raise and lower the inner pipe and draw water using my hand as a check valve, now I am thinking why not just add a check valve in line. I should be able to draw water up from that simply by raising and lowering the pipe. If I do some plumbing above the check valve I can...
  3. irrigator

Really equal in distance to the shoreline. All, including me are on a barrier island
  4. irrigator

I know of a few at roughly 15' depth which produce usable water
  5. irrigator

I stopped the project at 17-ft depth. I'm exhausted! I have flushed the pipe from top to bottom with a 20 ft stick of pipe and garden hose. Flusting good amount of fine sand sludge. Still not able to bring water up despite a large amount of suction by the pump. Flushing again does not produce...
  6. irrigator

Update, I drove a new steel well point with 80 mesh. It was any easier, but I am down to 15 feet with it. Still the same problem. I am unable to pull up water. The point and pipe are just clogged with sand slurry
  7. irrigator

I used a PVC well point which has slots. Guessing the slots are too big to keep the sand from getting in. do you have any experience driving a steel well point? I see they sell a 60 and 80 mesh I don't know if that would be better
  8. irrigator

Hey guys, looking for some advice on driving a well point. My location is at sea level. I live in a beach town in NJ. Soil is 100% sand, and water is found EASILY near 2 feet below adjacent grade. I'm not off grid, we have city water and sewer but I would like to pull ground water just for...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks