Search results

1. Lee R Batchelor

Caulking around a shower

Good to know. Thanks!
  2. Lee R Batchelor

Caulking around a shower

That makes perfect sense. I just finished peeling the old caulking away. I checked the level of the tray. It's dead on the money in all directions, so that's one headache we can eliminate. There was less water on the side gaps versus the end gap where the shower head is but there was still...
  3. Lee R Batchelor

Caulking around a shower

Great advice, Jim. Thanks. I can do all those things. The water that came out of the cracks after I removed the caulking was partially brownish in color, meaning it had been there a while. Some of the water was also clear and there was a fair amount, so I suspect it's a leak as opposed to...
  4. Lee R Batchelor

Caulking around a shower

Many thanks for the reply, WorthFlorida. You're sure right about water being elusive. I wonder what the logic is about not caulking the inside of the door frame. I suspect the water is seeping in from there.
  5. Lee R Batchelor

Caulking around a shower

Hi all. I'm new here and would really appreciate some advice. I installed a shower about 5 years ago. It came with a base tray. The walls are single piece man-made marble. These walls sit on the inside lip of the base tray. I've re-caulked the shower twice and always ended up with mold in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks