Gerberit Wall Carrier. Toilet bowl?

Users who are viewing this thread

IPVCE

Reaction score
Hi.....

We are in the process of a home addition and have installed a Gerberit wall carrier and intend to install a compatible TOTO toilet bowl. The issue I'm facing is that upon reading reviews, there are multiple complaints about these bowls having very low water levels and that # 2 sticks to the surface of the bowl and that upon flushing not all matter is removed. The negative reviews are for both TOTO and Duravit bowls. Questions:

1) Do all wall hung toilet bowls have low water levels and a pronounced lip where solid matter sticks instead of falling into water?
2) Any experiences with TOTO toilet bowls (or others) or a recommended unit that does not have the above issue?
3) Any toilet bowls with high water lever and/or can the water level be regulated on the carrier mechanism?

Thanks in advance,
A.S.

ktm-don

Reaction score
Bump for a response? TIA.
In a similar situation, remodeling a tiny bath that needs in-wall tank toilet to provide code clearance. We're also concerned about bad reviews regarding cleaning, many comments that these toilet needs to be constantly brushed to keep clean. We're considering Toto and Duravit models.

IPVCE

Reaction score
In a similar situation, remodeling a tiny bath that needs in-wall tank toilet to provide code clearance. We're also concerned about bad reviews regarding cleaning, many comments that these toilet needs to be constantly brushed to keep clean. We're considering Toto and Duravit models.
Wish some one would help us out to make a decision with this one.

IPVCE

Reaction score
Were you able to find a solution to the dirt and low water levels on these wall mounted toilets. Thank you.

ktm-don

Reaction score
Not a lot of new info. We're leaning towards the Duravit, less bad reviews. The best info I found was from another forum, The Garage Journal. I posted a similar question and got a few replies. I'm copying the info here, the thread on that forum is titled 'Wall mount toilet reviews'.

"I have two generations of Toto tank-in-wall toilets.
The newer one is a WT172M wall carrier with a CT428 bowl (1.28GPF, EP, Dynamax Tornado flush).
The older one is a WT151M wall carrier with a CT418 bowl (1.6GPF, Aquia, Dualmax flush).

I picked Toto over the competition, partly based on previous good experiences, but also the Toto wall carriers and bowls are rated for more weight than the competition (Geberit and Swiss Madison), and that made me more comfortable. Pay attention to the wall framing instructions!

Both of mine have very low water levels, but so does everything with low flow now, and it's not the end of the world, and it does reduce splash-back and splash-out. Toto designs their toilets as a system, so while you can mix and match components to a degree, they're expecting you to match their washlets with their bowls for peak performance. The newer washlets will mist the bowl when you sit, to help (a LITTLE) with skid marks, and deodorize to help with floaters, so you may be particularly disappointed with these issues if you don't have the washlet to go with the bowl. Also, while low water levels mean you have a smaller landing zone, once you can get the feel of the aim, you should still be able to splash down every time (how much effort that takes is more a matter of diet...).

As for the bowls, the CT428 has a great flush with excellent cleaning action that does better at 1.28GPF than the older (and gladly discontinued) CT418 does at 1.6GPF. Even so, the in-wall tank holds a little over 2 gallons for both of my carriers (there are slight differences in parts, but the overall size is about the same), so you can easily hold the push-plate in until the tank empties to get maximum flushing action. The "Tornado" makes a big difference, where the older bowl had a vigorous flow that would clear the trap perfectly, but wasn't so good at cleaning the porcelain."

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Its hard for professionals to give this type of very specific advice since most of us don't use these products day to day. We install them, and if we don't hear from that customer again, we assume all is well.

Most if not all wall hung toilets are dual flush and the minimal water spot is one of the issues with almost all dual flush toilets.

I changed out a customers rim jet wall hung that was leaving water stains on the bowl for a toto AP a couple years ago. Again.. no complaints is good news.. but its hard to say if they have to clean the bowl often or not.