California Faucets flow restrictor?

Users who are viewing this thread

twobeers

Reaction score
We just remodeled our kitchen and put in a California Faucets Davoli kitchen faucet as part of that. I am very disappointing with the anemic flow rate from this thing. It is somewhat better in spray mode, but this (very expensive) faucet is just underpowered. We have great water pressure here in general and the prior faucet worked fine. Is there a flow restrictor in this faucet I can remove? I have not located one yet. Is there something else that could be at work here that I am missing?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
800 822 8855 Ask them usually the restrictor is at the aerator but ask them I hardly ever modify

WorthFlorida

6th clinical trail chemotherapy 5/15/24
Solutions
Reaction score
What model? Its spec sheet should give the flow rate usually at 60psi. Flow rate for some people is never enough. My brother, on a visit, removed the kitchen faucet spray head (pull down). At the very center of the head is about a 1/8" O ring used to restrict the flow. We saved the O ring. A month later I put it back in. Every time I used the faucet, water would splash all over the countertop.

This brand of faucet maybe rated to meet the state California standard. Most faucets the flow is regulated at the nozzle or newer units the flow rate is regulated in the valve body.

a google search
What is the faucet restriction in California?

Residential lavatory faucets - Maximum flow can't exceed 1.2 gallons per minute. Kitchen faucets - Maximum flow rate is 1.8 gallons per minute. However, faucets can have the capability to boost flow to 2.2 gallons per minute to fill pots and pans. Public lavatory faucets - Maximum flow rate is 0.5 gallon per minute.Jan 24, 2018

Last edited:

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
illegal to modify . The San Franscisco Bay area Dems will lock you up for removing a flow restrictor

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
I can't reveal who, but most plumbers I know have to defeat flow restrictors lest they have unhappy customers.
On Grohe check valves, they even drill out the guts.

Restricting water flow is a most-stupid solution, whereas, allowing unlimited population growth and agriculture growth until it is impossible to utilize resources is insane.

Major cities in CA are required to provide for increased allotted housing in an ill-conceived attempt to hold down rising housing costs. It will not hold down inflating housing costs but will jam more people into communities and provide much lower quality of life to the communities as they bulge. To top that off, no money for bigger schools, infrastructure, police.
When folks get pregnant and everyone is so joyful about the new children coming, I take a pause and think how awful.
We are past the climate change tipping point anyway. Not that I am not for doing everything we can but it will not be enough fast enough unless some miracle of cloud seeding or similar emerges.

twobeers

Reaction score
What model? Its spec sheet should give the flow rate usually at 60psi. Flow rate for some people is never enough. My brother, on a visit, removed the kitchen faucet spray head (pull down). At the very center of the head is about a 1/8" O ring used to restrict the flow. We saved the O ring. A month later I put it back in. Every time I used the faucet, water would splash all over the countertop.

This brand of faucet maybe rated to meet the state California standard. Most faucets the flow is regulated at the nozzle or newer units the flow rate is regulated in the valve body.

a google search
What is the faucet restriction in California?

Residential lavatory faucets - Maximum flow can't exceed 1.2 gallons per minute. Kitchen faucets - Maximum flow rate is 1.8 gallons per minute. However, faucets can have the capability to boost flow to 2.2 gallons per minute to fill pots and pans. Public lavatory faucets - Maximum flow rate is 0.5 gallon per minute.Jan 24, 2018
The parts diagram for the faucet is at https://images.calfaucets.com/diagrams/K10-10XSQ-XX_spd.pdf. Just not clear to me from this where the restrictor is.

WorthFlorida

6th clinical trail chemotherapy 5/15/24
Solutions
Reaction score
I don’t see one but usually near the 9.1.9 part. The faucet id rated at 1.8 gallons max but it doesn’t give the psi. 1.8 is seven quarts which is pretty good.
Another way to meet epa rules is the supply lines. They are usually 3/8” with 3/8” fittings. However, some are 1/4 lines with 3/8” fittings.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
The parts diagram for the faucet is at https://images.calfaucets.com/diagrams/K10-10XSQ-XX_spd.pdf. Just not clear to me from this where the restrictor is.
I already looked at all that too, and posted the phone number for you to call in post number 2 or you can just start taking parts out drilling holes and see what happens Ive monkeyd with a few aerators once in a while I dont like how the stream comes out so why dont you call them? I know customer service can be morons but supprisingly some are sharp tell them its technical and hope you dont get forieghners , or some young chickee that knows nothing that are impossible to understand. I just went through an issue with pfister that was horrific finaly had to ignore thier advice and follow my gut took a chance on a totally differant issue.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks