Is it possible to adjust hysteresis (or PID) of the blower motor on Navien NPE-240?

Users who are viewing this thread

BenT123

Reaction score
I have an automatic water faucet which makes the hot water output jump between 0 and 1.6gpm which in turn causes the exhaust blower oscillate between 2000 and 4000rpm. Is there a 'secret' setting to delay blower slowdown by a few seconds?

Last edited:

GReynolds929

Reaction score
No, it controls the fuel air mixture for proper combustion. It's determined by water flow demand. Messing with it the combustion is a good way to get hurt or worse. A better idea would be to address the faucet.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Only factory service might be able to change the whole burner operation. Ran some numbers 60° cold, 120° hot 105° mixed, 1.6 gpm total, .4 gpm 25% cold , 1.2gpm hot ,75% hot. By throttling hot water down to 1.2 gpm might help or playing with the wh setpoint maybe raise or lower it by 2° at a time. Just change the to f and gpm/ minute by touching the boxes. Flow sensor reading close? .

Last edited:

BenT123

Reaction score
Ok, so air fuel mixture is fixed to BTU output and BTU output depends on water flow. I guess I would prefer that the water heater would dump higher temperature water to the buffer tank and temper it down with a mixing valve. That way the burner output can be more steady: heat water to 140 degF, pause (or lower the heat output), wait until water temperature in the buffer tank drops to 120, turn on the burner.

It takes ~20 sec to raise 0.5 gal of water by 20degF at 15000BTU (minimum) output, so theoretically it should be possible.

@Fitter30 Could you explain why turning the water flow down to .8gal ( hot water) would make a difference? Is it because of turndown ratio?

Fitter30

Reaction score
Don't know where you got .8 gpm. Have you tried no recirculation? Switches 1-2-3 off. Do have recirculation of any kind? Wonder if the check valve discharge of internal pump is hanging open navian has had some problems with it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks