Toilet decision, TOTO or Kohler

Users who are viewing this thread

Marcielee

Reaction score
I have a small bathroom so the Sansouci by Kohler and the Drake by TOTO seem to take up the least amount of space.
The Drake seat is higher. Which one?????

san-souci-5.jpg

Kohler San Souci, 27-1/2" long
16-1/2" high bowl.

epps_drake_2.jpg

TOTO Drake II, 28" long in elongated, 26.5" long in round.
16-1/8" high bowl.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Toilet quality has improved greatly since the first low flow mandate. In those early years, Toto was be far the best, and I have seen nothing to change my opinion. The Drake is a proven winner.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I'd go with the Drake. Like the look better, and the performance would be better. Terry posted a photo there of a Drake II. Is that what you were considering? Both the original and the Drake II are excellent. The higher seat is always nice on one's knees.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
One-piece toilets have their advantages, but almost always cost more than their two-piece compatriots. It's more of a style thing than performance. FWIW, I have one of each and don't really notice much difference between the two.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Easier to clean , look sleeker, never worry about leaking between tank and bowl...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks