Price Pfister OX8, Anyone recognize this faucet?

Users who are viewing this thread

BeautyFish

Reaction score
Hi. I just moved in to a condo that was renovated about 2 years ago. All of my other faucets (sinks and baths) are either Ikea or Delta, but this one has no manufacturer's name, marks, or numbers. My issue is that I can't get the water hot enough. Before I try to disassemble the faucet to access the mix valve (if there is one), I'd like to find some information on the web. With both main valves (the ones behind the panel on the other side of the wall) wide open, it doesn't get hot enough, and with the cold shut completely off, there is very little hot water coming out. Not enough pressure to allow me to change from tub to shower.

Today, a plumber came over and refused to work on it, as he didn't recognize the make or model. Before I fork over $500 for a new faucet and installation, I would like to make sure it isn't just a matter of adjusting the mix valve or changing cartridges, both of which I have done before. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

This is the faucet:
http://imgur.com/a/BGGzm

BeautyFish

Reaction score
Gentlemen:

Thanks to the experts on this forum. It was indeed a Pfister, and once I had that info, I was able to get info on the web and work confidently. It was a simple adjustment of the temperature stop. 5 minute deal. So I guess that since the plumber didn't recognize the part, refused to even work on it, and wanted me to spend $500 on a new valve when the old one wasn't even an issue, that I shouldn't call that particular plumber again? Thanks again for the help. I am pretty handy with carpentry and electrical, but I try to stay away from plumbing issues.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/price-pfister-ox8-shower-trim-and-valve.60080/

pp_ox8_parts.gif

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
In most areas Pfister is so common that even a handyman would recognize it. A sidebar, the new stem combines the stem and pressure balancer unit into a single piece.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks