Weil Mclain CGA boiler low temperature control

Users who are viewing this thread

Cpeters

In the Trades
Reaction score
I installed a CGA boiler and it's working fine except for one issue. The low water temperature.
I don't need or use an aquastat for a tankless heater. The issue is the temperature spread between
the high (which I set to 180 degrees) and the low temperature a which it restarts. The low temperature appears to be 160 degrees. Is there a way to set it down to a lower temperature like 150 degrees? Just seems to be a high limit adjustment. The economy adjustment appears to adjust the pump delay. Suggestions?

upload_2016-9-28_12-25-33.png

Cpeters

In the Trades
Reaction score
I installed a CGA boiler and it's working fine except for one issue. The low water temperature.
I don't need or use an aquastat for a tankless heater. The issue is the temperature spread between
the high (which I set to 180 degrees) and the low temperature a which it restarts. The low temperature appears to be 160 degrees. Is there a way to set it down to a lower temperature like 150 degrees? Just seems to be a high limit adjustment. The economy adjustment appears to adjust the pump delay. Suggestions?

View attachment 36303
Sorry for this post. I have learned that the new boilers have a built in temperature spread of 20 degrees. Older models had a 30 degree spread.
From the horses mouth: Weil Mclain.

rvin

Reaction score
so can you confirm that the economy adjust setting controls the "delay" of the circulating pump? And does not control the low temperature limit? Currently, I have the Boiler Temperature set at 180 (just raised it from 165). I think the circulating pump should run more. By reducing the Economy Adjust setting lower (from Max), this will allow the circulating pump to run more (longer or more frequently)? Thanks

Cpeters

In the Trades
Reaction score
Weil McLain has a website and contact number to use during normal business hours. They should be able to help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks