Update Delta 1500 with 600 and conversion kit?!??!

Users who are viewing this thread

Ed Dentrl

Reaction score
Hello! I'm looking around for a suggestion of a easy way to update a couple bathrooms in a 16 year old home. We are planning full renovations in a few years but for now I'm doing weekend projects to make things a little nicer.

The bathooms are step 1. There are a mixture of finishes and styles and we'd like to get everything over to bronze. I've done the doorknobs, hinges, and lights. The glass shower surrounds and sinks are easy.

Now I've hit the wall with the shower fixtures. After much Google-Fu I've discovered I have the old style Delta Monitor 1500 with the escutcheon plate having screws in the 5 and 7 position.

I was about ready to give up but now I see some Delta 600/1600 renovations kits in bronze with escutcheons that appear to have the screws in the right place. Could I possible use that piece with a 1500/1700 conversion kit to get me to a point I can work with modern trim kits?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks