trouble shooting Navien NP-240A NG

Users who are viewing this thread

dirtrich

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I found your site while scouring the 'net looking for answers.
First, my Navien is about 4.5 years old. It has served us well and we like it.
However, it doesn't seem to like being turned off! Each year when we go on vacation for a week I
turn off the water to the house, and unplug the water heater.
Every time we get back and I turn the unit back on, I have to fix it before it will work.
Typically, it's the flow sensor which is fairly easy to remove, blow air through it to free up the
paddle wheel then re-install. Works every time!
This time, after turning it back on I had water dripping out of the bottom of the unit. I removed the
cover and found the leak at one of the water line couplers. Took it apart, seeing nothing wrong I simply wiped off the white O ring and reassembled it. It still leaked a bit although a lot less, then over the course of a couple of hours the leak completely stopped.
System worked fine for Three days, then today....no hot water.
It shows error code 10. Abnormal air pressure. Clean air filter, check vent pipe for obstructions.
Both of those things checked out fine, no way they are the problem.
Shutoff/Restarted unit twice, no improvement.
Discovered "sub-codes" are displayed on an led inside the unit.
The numbers that flash are: 10
2009 10.16
Have no idea what the 27.00 code means, can anyone help me out here?
Basically, the heater won't fire up. I couldn't hear it so I felt around and confirmed that nothing is even warm in there.
Would sure appreciate any guidance you could offer.
Thanks,
Dave

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
I think that unit uses a DC power supply.

Have you checked the power supply ? To see if the voltage is correct ?

Some LP model uses batteries, But I think that one has a Wall Wart. Or does it ?

Good Luck, Don't Blow Yourself Up.

dirtrich

Reaction score
DonL-
Back up and running!
Tech. support said the problem was air sensor. Soooooo, took a deep breath and blew into the air lines coming off of it....didn't work.
Took it off, unscrewed the screws holding it together took it into two halves, turns out it's just a diaphragm with a big spring controlling a switch.
Blew on it, clicked the switch a couple times, put it back together and it fired off and runs fine!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks