Recent content by Win E

1. Win E

240V water heater running on 120V. Should I change elements to 120V?

Wayne, you are a wealth of information and I appreciate your willingness to share it. You are correct about the type of receptacle in the picture. The triangle is just the screw hole for the plate. This is an older home and the receptacles in it are not grounded. There are no ground wires at...
  2. Win E

To my surprise, this makes sense. The outlet is a 240v 3 prong dryer outlet (see below). I understand that you don't need a neutral or ground since each of the two 120V wires come from the panel from different phases. I believe that I will need 30 amp double pole breaker and #10 wire. If the...
  3. Win E

Not sure what the wire size is from the panel to the outlet, but I assume that since it is a 20amp circuit the wire size is #12. I would need to check it to verify but I have no reason to think otherwise. I am not an electrician, as you can probable tell, so excuse any stupid questions I have...
  4. Win E

Thanks for the info. I hope that I can avoid running any new wire and just improve the heat time enough with new 120V, 2000 watt elements.
  5. Win E

Thanks for the suggestion on breakers. I will have to look again to see if there is enough space. If I recall, the panel already had some of the tandem breakers in use. Wouldn't this suggestion also require me to run another hot wire from the panel to the outlet? Since you said I can use the...
  6. Win E

I have a rental property where a new tenant told me the hot water was running out. Previous tenants never complained. It is a 30 gallon Rheem rated for 240V. I tested the thermostats and elements (240V, 4500 Watts) and everything checked out. Then I checked the voltage on the electrical supply...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks