Recent content by william whitworth

1. william whitworth

Dual pressure switches needed??

That's what they've done with a couple of the old wells, is weld a steel plate at the top of the well casing. Not something I thought to look at before I bought the place. What's the best way to tell if the "abandoned" wells are actually still usable? I've sounded all of them and there's water...
  2. william whitworth

It's mostly for the house. We have just under 5 acres with a few animals but don't do any major irrigation at this time. The new well is the only one with a pump in it. There are actually a total of three "abandoned" wells on the property that were never closed up. Any ideas on a way to...
  3. william whitworth

I have attached a sort of drawing to go along with this. We bought our place with the current setup. The functioning well on the property is about 400 feet away from the house. Plumbing comes out of the well head, has a check valve and then goes underground. Between the house and the...
  4. william whitworth

New to Owning a well-Want to upgrade

Do you think it's possible that it froze and cracked during this winter but didn't start leaking until now? There's actually no heat lamp on that particular well, just an insulating blanket and a big heavy metal cover. I'll probably stop by in a day or so and chat with you.
  5. william whitworth

1. You're referring to the gate valve? Can do, less to replace. I think originally there were multiple wells tied in together. 2. Relief pressure would depend on pump pressure, correct? How far over should I go? So should I replace as much galvanized as possible with PVC?
  6. william whitworth

Is there an issue if it is a galvanized cased well? How would I find out if it is?
  7. william whitworth

Thank y'all so much for your help! At least now I know more than I did yesterday.
  8. william whitworth

Could I unbolt the well head, lift the pump/piping up a foot or so, secure it, and then swap out that tee??
  9. william whitworth

The well head actually sticks up above the ground about 2 feet or so, most well heads around here are covered or inside a house. This well is located about 500 feet away from the house and the pressure tank, it's a very complicated setup where they tied all the plumbing from the previous wells...
  10. william whitworth

This is the setup at the property we bought. It is one of many wells on the property, but the only one running. We have seriously shallow water. My question is this, does the tee at the top of the well head actually hold the piping/pump up or can it be removed so that I can replace the piping...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks