Recent content by WayneA

1. WayneA

The downhill neighbor in my small cabin community is sucking water out of my cabin

I am thinking ValveMan may be on the right track with the idea of a small storage tank, but wouldn't my neighbors need more of a Storage "bladder" instead of a rigid storage tank? I think for a rigid tank to work it would have to be open to atmosphere, and they would lose the advantage of the...
  2. WayneA

The downhill neighbor in my small cabin community is sucking water out of my cabin

Reach4 - thanks and good idea. Besides protecting my water heater, my neighbors won't be able to figure out where the air is coming from if the "T" is located inside my cabin. Does that mean my "T" idea will actually work? Any suggestions on what brand/type of valve to use?
  3. WayneA

Also in reference to Daniel's suggestion about a check valve. Is that AKA a "backflow preventer". I have been told, maybe incorrectly, that with the very low pressures I am dealing with at my cabin, that a backflow preventer also will slow down my forward flow resulting in another possible 4...
  4. WayneA

As tempting as the chemical warfare suggestion is... hmmm .... maybe I should try the vacuum breaker option first. The typical vacuum breaker set-up that I have seen in pics online looks like it would force me to take my cabin supply line above ground into an inverted "U" with the relief valve...
  5. WayneA

I have a small cabin in a 12 cabin community which is spring fed (spring flow is about 5 gpm). The water flows from our spring box into a 5000 gallon storage tank. The community was built in the 50's and the water system was originally designed to work off of gravity flow alone. In the upper...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks