Recent content by veryamusing

1. V

Condo repipe

Hi there.. I have another follow-up question if anyone is still reading. :) I told a friend of mine who owns three units in the same condominium that the plumbers both want to run new PEX lines for the repipe of my unit. My friend informed me that there have been problems with PEX and a...
  2. V

Condo repipe

Hi there. I had a sneaking suspicion a permit was required to do this type of work--if only because it is so extensive. I work for the County, in addition to my [uncompensated] duties as Association treasurer / secretary, so I am familiar with the permitting process and how important it is...
  3. V

Condo repipe

Thank you! I very much appreciate your encouragement--glad to know I'm not asking too much.. Incidentally, I've already contacted another plumber who will be here in about 15 minutes. I hope he's one of the good ones--he wouldn't comment on the other plumber, for fear of sounding "catty."...
  4. V

Condo repipe

Hi there! Thanks again for all of your helpful replies. I wanted to check-in and let everyone know that today I met with the plumber chosen by the Association in the past to complete the repipes of the other 40+ units. I am hopeful that you all will have a bit more insight for me, to help...
  5. V

Condo repipe

Thanks for your advice! I believe that I am one of only a few units left that has not been repiped at the Association's expense. No special assessments--we have fully-funded reserves to cover the cost.
  6. V

Condo repipe

Thanks for your post! Incidentally, I am the condo board vice president. We do not restrict the owners, and largely impose restrictions by exception (e.g., we mostly deny requests as they occur, but are most definitely quite lenient). Plus, the board consists of myself and one other owner and...
  7. V

Condo repipe

Hi there! Thank you for sharing your expertise with me. Background: I live in a ground floor condominium unit with about 550 square feet on concrete slab foundation. (Please see the attached photograph of the pipe(s) in question.) My current arrangement is one kitchen sink, one full-size...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks