Recent content by uscpsycho

1. uscpsycho

Need help locating crossover

I finally solved this problem after years of dealing with my crossover problem and I'm so happy I could cry right now. The solution to was found in this old thread. And I would have posted there, especially to thank the problem solvers, but it has the dreaded red warning telling me the thread is...
  2. uscpsycho

So with the water supply to the tank shut off, I should turn single handle faucets to cold while they are off and listen for water flowing? What about dual handle faucets? How would I check those? I don't know if I have integral stops, or know what integral stops are. Is that what this article...
  3. uscpsycho

I have a crossover issue that I am trying to isolate. I found this website which was easier to follow than most: https://www.hotwatertalk.com/how-to-fix-plumbing-crossover.html These are his steps: Turn OFF the hot water supply at the water heater. Turn ON all hot water faucets. Wait for...
  4. uscpsycho

Hot water recirculation pump confusion

My house has a dedicated return line and I want to get a recirculation pump but between head, horsepower and flow rate... I'm lost. At first I had my mind made up to get the Grundfos AutoAdapt UP 10-16 pump...
  5. uscpsycho

Kohler Eir vs Toto Neorest RH vs AH

This old thread came back from the dead. I'm the OP so let me answer my own question. I bought the Eir and it is the single worst toilet I have ever used if you exclude outhouses. I'd be happier with a standard toilet with a $20 bidet attachment bolted onto it. To be transparent, I actually put...
  6. uscpsycho

Does condensation cause hard water spots?

I can't find the answer online and I'm not really sure where to ask a question like this. But I thought plumbers might know the answer. I have an oversized shower that's not vented and has glass on three sides. So after I turn the hot water on it only takes a few seconds for condensation to...
  7. uscpsycho

Kohler Eir vs Toto Neorest RH vs AH

I am in the market for a smart toilet and I have narrowed the options down to the Kohler Eir, Toto Neorest RH and Toto Neorest AH. I know these are pricey niche toilets so it's unlikely anyone has experience with all three, but if anyone has experience with any of these and can comment on them...
  8. uscpsycho

Can this drip be stopped?

So a little update. After years of this drip, the drip has gone away! I've had a few changes to my plumbing and I wonder if any of these things could be responsible for stopping the drip. I have an expansion tank on my water heater that was never set up properly (pressure way too low) but is...
  9. uscpsycho

Using a cheater 3-prong to 2-prong adapter

Just want to thank everyone who helped me with this and post a final resolution for the benefit of anyone who has a similar problem in the future and sees this thread. I bought the stepped down version of the external amp that the buzz was coming from. The new amp has a polarized two-prong plug...
  10. uscpsycho

The company that makes my external amp has a scaled down version of it. I called to ask if that one has a 2 prong or 3 prong plug. Tech support thought it was a weird question so I explained what was happening and the guy told me to forget about buying a new amp and that it was totally fine to...
  11. uscpsycho

Extension cord is cheap but I can't have one permanently running across my house from the AV closet to my theater. Extending the outlet definitely costs more than $200 between electrician, painter to patch and materials. Yep, removing the cheater at the amp with Hum X at the projector brings...
  12. uscpsycho

One HDMI cable is carrying video from the AV Receiver to the transmitter balun and another HDMI cable is carrying video from the receiving balun to the projector. That is all. There is no direct HDMI connection between the projector and anything in the AV closet. I tried your suggestion of the...
  13. uscpsycho

Just when this couldn't get any weirder... I discovered that my receiver does not have a grounded 3-prong plug. I didn't even check it before, I just assumed it did. So it makes sense that the speakers connected to the receiver have no hum because there is no ground. Maybe the receiver was...
  14. uscpsycho

That seems like a plausible assumption. But the external amp is getting its audio signal from the AVR so you'd think it's also filtered. If the AVR has better filtering it's possible the filtering is only done for its own speaker outputs and the any pre-outs (which feed the external amp) aren't...
  15. uscpsycho

The extension cord works, so what does extending the circuit from #1 to #2 mean? I have a handyman coming Wednesday morning to add an AC outlet in the AV closet where Outlet #1 is. If this is a standard operation I think he's capable of doing it if I can explain it to him. He's not an...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks