Recent content by US3rnotfound

1. US3rnotfound

Flange 1/4" to 3/8" below finished floor

Thanks Terry. the Sani-Seal will probably do me fine. The only thing that concerned me a little was how easy it was to press the toilet down, wasn’t much compression. Time will tell.
  2. US3rnotfound

I installed a Sani Seal. I'll have to see how it does over time, I just got it online and saw a lot of atrocious things that happen with this waxless foam seal over time.
  3. US3rnotfound

Would a Saniseal work with flanges below finished floor?
  4. US3rnotfound

Maybe I should take back the wax and get the Danco Perfect Seal or some other wax-less solution. I only hesitate with not getting the wax solution because my flange is not consistent with the finished floor, and the wax would mold to that while a composite material may not over time.
  5. US3rnotfound

Greetings, I am about to install my toilet today after a bathroom renovation, to include new flooring. The contractor affixed the closet flange to the subfloor, instead of above the finished floor, telling me I can just get an extra thick wax seal when I go to install the toilet. Well the...
  6. US3rnotfound

Bathroom Sink P-Trap Installation In Tight Space

Hi, I am remodeling a bathroom and I am at the part where I'm installing the new vanity (that's been sitting collecting dust for a while so probably cannot return it). I bring that up because the vanity has a very small opening inside. Too small for a P-Trap without hacking it up beyond...
  7. US3rnotfound

Closet Flange Height Not High Enough for Finished Floor?

Any chance the non-glue flanges will leak? I am not sure why I'd give myself a headache/anxiety gluing down an all PVC one if I don't have to! Also any tips on cutting the pipe after the floor is completely done? Or is that too late? Do they make a tool that cuts from within the pipe if you have to?
  8. US3rnotfound

And for more info for me why do you think a stainless steel rim on a flange would be best?
  9. US3rnotfound

Cool, I appreciate the comment. The thing with plumbing is, I don't want to create a possible snag situation within the pipe. I'm gonna make sure that cut edges are smooth and free of burrs. Is there anything else I should ensure I get right?
  10. US3rnotfound

That's not acceptable. I would go for that if I was in a hurry
  11. US3rnotfound

Maybe I should buy something like this: https://www.supplyhouse.com/Sioux-Chief-888-PM-Open-Closet-Flange-w-Stainless-Steel-Swivel-Ring-4-Tailpiece-3-Inside?gclid=Cj0KCQjwn-bWBRDGARIsAPS1svv_USXlLp439dEU3le0lgUuOKoxlBWl8hSkYaGefc30AMp3e6JEpMkaAi9xEALw_wcB But I'd rather have the pipe coming up...
  12. US3rnotfound

I have another question about the job that I hired a plumber for, roughing in a closet flange. He told me after he was finished with the job that the waste pipe is the perfect height for the finished floor, no cutting needed. Well after a couple of days I got to thinking this didn't look like...
  13. US3rnotfound

Lavatory Drain Rough-in

Huh! Well alright I had no idea that the new standard is 1.5", and didn't know about that trap adapter. Thanks a lot for this info.
  14. US3rnotfound

Lavatory Drain Rough-in

It's not glued in. Why would you have done it this way? What parts would I need to install a simple drain arm from a big box store when I install my vanity?