Recent content by UrbanHomesteader

1. UrbanHomesteader

Sold on CSV

After reading all the pros/cons/debates/opinions concerning he CSV's I decided to install the CSV (but haven't purchased it yet) based mainly on these factors: Totally new experience and new well, unknown quality and unknown continiuous quantity of water, 7 family household, washing...
  2. UrbanHomesteader

Available Berkeley Submersible Pump

Hello all. In a storage area of a Thrift Shop I discovered 3 Berkeley 4" submersible pumps brand new in sealed boxes: S15SP4C02 J-04; 15 GPM; 2 Wire; 1/2 HP; 1Phase, 60 Hz. according to the sticker seal label. I asked the people why they didn't have them on display and she remarked that "the...
  3. UrbanHomesteader

Is Marine cable the same as Submersible?

Much thanks for the help. As we were blind-sided with the necessity of digging this well, it was $2,000 over budget so money is tight and an issue. I searched for days online and the best I could find for 200' of 12/3 submersible is $.97 a foot and/or for Direct Burial was $.81 a foot which...
  4. UrbanHomesteader

Is Marine cable the same as Submersible?

Hello all, I am collecting and putting together equipment for my first well and was attempting to purchase 12/3 Submersible Cable. The store didn't have any but the saavy salesman was trying to get me to substitute marine cable focusing on how the copper was "tinned" as a measure of added...
  5. UrbanHomesteader

Well Is Drilled! ! !

bob... Thanks all for this excellent site! The well was drilled last week to a depth of 485 feet; initial regional estimate was 300 feet. The casing is 105 feet; it's diameter is 6-1/4 inches the depth to water (static) is 25' expected yield is 60 gallon per minute. Needless to say the...
  6. UrbanHomesteader

Newbie to wells; Having 1st one dug.

As a lifelong do-it-yourselfer I finally found my little homestead in the country albeit with no water. The best deal I could get for the funds we have is the well dug and I would have to supply my own equipment. I have tried researching online and it appears all the conventional wisdom warns...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks