Recent content by Tim Doyle

1. Tim Doyle

Heavy Sediment in Well Water, Need Advice Please

Update for the group: The water has been slowly clearing of silt over time, to the point where with 1 5micron filter in place it was nearly back to its normal state. Received a pack of 1 micron media filters and put one in the second filter canister and the water definitely improved from...
  2. Tim Doyle

To be honest, I'm not sure of the state of my neighbor's wells...I'll have to see if I can find out. Thanks!
  3. Tim Doyle

It was. I grabbed the first shot on the dining room table and very gently moved it into better light this morning. It was not agitated at all, looked just like this after sitting for 12 hours.
  4. Tim Doyle

Uploaded two photos of a 2 quart pitcher. First photo is 8:49 last night, second photo is 8:42 this morning. I do not see any significant difference...there appear to be air bubbles stuck to the sides this morning, I honestly cannot say how much was there last night, but zooming in on last...
  5. Tim Doyle

Something like this? Swap it in for the first filter canister I would guess to take out as much sediment as possible? https://www.homedepot.com/p/ISPRING-Reusable-Spin-Down-Sediment-Water-Filter-with-Siliphos-50-Micron-20-GPM-1-in-MNPT-3-4-in-FNPT-WSP-50SL/309483330
  6. Tim Doyle

I removed the filters at the suggestion of another member here, V Scott, who indicated he felt they should be removed permanently since filters between the pump and pressure switch could throw pressure readings off and potentially cause a rupture in a pipe. I can replace the filters at any...
  7. Tim Doyle

Thanks lowly grunt. Thats all likely to be part of my long term plan, which invovles tossing out everything I have now and moving the water equipment out of my daughter's closet and into my master bathroom when I remodel that bath. Unfortunately this issue is more immediate and came on right...
  8. Tim Doyle

Update, based on advice in a PM here I have removed the filter media from both canisters.
  9. Tim Doyle

Hi all, new guy here. Bought a new to me house about 18 mos ago and there's a long-ish list of shortcomings that I'm working on. One of the big items is the plumbing. Its a double wide mobile home, built in 1988 and as such everything is old...still works but its old. Old grey poly water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks