Recent content by theparkway

1. theparkway

Finishing Basement - Doubling the wall insulation

Thank you very much for the reply. I will move ahead with your recommendations. Just as an FYI, there is about 3.5 inches of insulation in that drape.
  2. theparkway

I should have been more specific, the reason that pulling the drape off the wall is also not an option is because all of the interior 2x4 walls are already installed, as well as the electrical in those walls is complete. Although I appreciate the response, this house was just built 5 years ago...
  3. theparkway

I am finishing my basement, and have a question on insulation. The home builders installed a fiberglass "blanket" drape over the entire cement foundation walls of the basement. This drape has a plastic layer that faces the living area, I am assuming acting as a vapor barrier. When the basement...
  4. theparkway

Proper venting of washing machine and sink drain in basement

For anyone looking, I believe the picture to be this product. "Studor 20380 Low-Profile Recess Box with Grille" and can be purchased several places online with a simple web search.
  5. theparkway

Awesome, thank you for all the help. That is a pretty attractive vent cover option, way better than the standard metal ones that more like HVAC return air vents. Can you provide a link on where to purchase?
  6. theparkway

Thank you for the quick reply. I have quickly put together some mocks showing what I think are good options to meet the requirements you have listed. All options would use 45 degree angles to lower the elevation of the washing machine drain so that it comes in below the sink drain. Is this an...
  7. theparkway

I am finishing my basement, where we had the builder put a drain line in for a kitchenette. I am wanting to also put in a second laundry in the basement, and have it share the same drain. The drain is 2 inch coming out of the slab. I have purchased the parts for the drain but want to make sure...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks