Recent content by Taocost

1. T

Mistaken flange ring for a flange, cut off top of closet bend, what options now?

Decided to go with the compression route, installed a Oatey 3in twist-n-set, which gives about almost 3in of inside diameter for outlet into the main pipes. Think it should be alright. It's level horizontally, but not north to south. I put a Drake over it, and it did wobble a bit when I pressed...
  2. T

Mistaken flange ring for a flange, cut off top of closet bend, what options now?

Hey Reah4, you're pretty much spot on, the 4 inch riser was captured by a flange ring, that's what I mistook as a normal 3in flange going into the 4incn riser...turns out no flange, just ring.
  3. T

Best I can do as the area is not accessible, but pic with red arrow shows the bathroom pipes coming out. Second pic just for additional info.
  4. T

Yes I think you're right, its ABS, instead of PVC. By 'but it all out' do you mean cut it down just below the sawing? I also just picked up Oatey 3in twist-n-set, which would hopefully by-pass the sawed portion...hoping that may work, but let me know if I am off on that.
  5. T

I might not term this all correctly since just learning all of this, but the black plastic ring is part of the house plumbing. If you look at the first picture, you can see underneath the subflooring, there is another pipe on the left side, that one is coming from the sink. the direction of the...
  6. T

Yes, where the light passes through, but think tha'ts the only part that was sawed through. Can I just use culk to fill the gap or is there a better solution? So the wax will stay in place, if I do : black ring < wax ring < hydroseat < wax ring < toilet...? Re slab floor, if you mean is there...
  7. T

Would I have to screw either the repair ring or Hydroseat to the 'lips' of the black ring? Or screw it to the subfloor? I am thinking hydroseat to the subfloor, and the black ring is stable enough. Guess I'll have to try it out. Also, I slightly saw through the black ring, have to think of a...
  8. T

I thought it was a 3 inch flange inside a 4 inch pipe, but turns out it was a closet bend, which is part of the main plumbing for the house. A flange ring was used previously, which I could've just replaced if I were smarter, more patient, had more experience...live and learn. So what are the...
  9. T

Toto Drake elbow neck 2in? What size wax ring?

That's good to know. Just picked up the Cadet 3 today, and its outlet is just over 2in as well.
  10. T

Toto Drake elbow neck 2in? What size wax ring?

Hey guys, since planning on replacing 3 old toilets in an old house, I've gotten lots of good info here, so thanks to you all. Ended up purchasing a Toto Drake, and AS Cadet 3, third one yet to be determined. Q: just looking at the Drak elbow neck, its about 2in, previously thought it'd be 3in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks