Recent content by syc0path

1. syc0path

Kinetico Model 60 recharging more often and using more salt than it used to

Well apparently cleaning the timer has fixed the problem. It's been about 2 weeks since I did that and since then the softener is back to a normal regen cycle. I'm not exactly sure why cleaning the timer had that effect. I have some theories, but none of them are very good. Some of the...
  2. syc0path

I forgot to mention that I checked the toilets for leaks. This is a single-story house on a partially-finished basement, so any leaks large enough to account for these symptoms would have shown themselves long ago. There is only 1 outdoor spigot, and it's not leaking. As for the electric...
  3. syc0path

It's about 15yrs old. I would say that it's been about 12-18 months since it started doing this. I took the timer apart and inspected the parts inside. The teeth on the discs look fine, but 1 of the pawls looks like it might be worn. There was a small amount of debris inside the control head...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks