Recent content by Sting

1. Sting

Cleaning mineral deposits from Sanigloss

Hi! Since this post is from Jan 2012, I am not sure if @Terry is referring to toilet bowl cleaners with or without Bleach? I have been using Lysol with Bleach gel toilet bowl cleaner, since 2013, on a non-coated Aquia 2 and it still looks shiny and new. No dulling whatsoever. I installed 2...
  2. Sting

Help Needed: Is this much bend in supply line OK?

Thanks Terry! Will try to get it as kink free as possible.
  3. Sting

Help Needed: Is this much bend in supply line OK?

Hello, I recently had a bad plumbing experience. The plumber damaged the non-replaceable supply lines on my $800 tub filler and then disappeared. I installed the new tub filler and completed the compression connections, However based on his rough-in, I ended up with a slight bend in the cold...
  4. Sting

Wall Elbow for Shower

Terry, that is the plan - to lightly start the shower elbow with the nipple, insert into wall and tighten everything together - I just wanted to get an idea of how deep the nipples would go - so that I grab atleast a few threads per side. Thx!
  5. Sting

Wall Elbow for Shower

Thanks! I installed my shower this weekend and ran into a Goldilocks issue with the nipple. The 2 1/2" (which was actually 2 7/16") was just a little too long and the 2" was just a little too short. I tried cranking the 2 1/2" a little harder with an internal Husky wrench (which worked...
  6. Sting

Should I fill silicone into wall anchor in tiled shower?

Hi! Looking to install some accessories (hand shower rail) in a tiled shower. I have seen folks either fill silicone into the drilled hole and insert the anchor, or, insert the anchor and fill in with silicone. Is this required? Any preference? Also, in your opinion which of these anchors...
  7. Sting

Wall Elbow for Shower

Thanks Terry! Any suggestions on tightening the nipple to the 90 drop elbow inside the wall.
  8. Sting

Wall Elbow for Shower

Hello! I have a related question. My plumber came and added the 90 degree drop elbow for this hand shower but did not add the nipple as he was unsure of the final finished wall thickness...and he is currently MIA. The wall is finished and I need to screw in the nipple, but with only a 1/16" to...
  9. Sting

Question on Aquia II install and unusual closet flange

Thank you! Since I am drilling into porcelain tile, I fear that I might end up with a significant chip and that would prevent my mounting block to be true. Also, porcelain tile is extremely slick and I am hoping that the smooth mounting blocks stay put. I was thinking of putting a 1/8" rubber...
  10. Sting

Question on Aquia II install and unusual closet flange

Hi! I am in the process of installing an Aquia 4 over a penny tile floor. Did you have any issues with the unifit or mounting block? Any suggestions to ensure that mounting blocks are level and stable? Thanks!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks