Recent content by steadyhand

1. steadyhand

Backflow in landscape drain

Thanks. I believe both (water level and restriction) are a possibility. I have seen a lot of water pooling on the patio, which has to be more than just the rain collecting. This must be the level near the storm drain rising above the patio drain. A restriction is also possible as leaves do get...
  2. steadyhand

I have never seen it; I bought the house two years back and it was there. I have had plumbers use the term 3" PVC before. I would guess it is the schedule 40 pvc pipe.
  3. steadyhand

It's difficult to say precisely for me without any tools, but is no more than 1-1.5 feet from what I can guestimate. It is also possible that with settling, the slope of the pipe may not be uniform throughout. The way my yard is, there is no other lower point where this water can be made to...
  4. steadyhand

I have an outdoor patio that is about 2 feet below the rest of the yard surrounding my house. Because the patio cannot thus drain out above its level, it drains out about 75 feet away at a location where the yard is lower than patio level. The drain is 3 inch PVC all the way. There is a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks