Recent content by SoConfused

1. SoConfused

Back to Back Toilets: Double Fixture vs Double Wye

Thanks Jeff. I appreciate your help along the way!
  2. SoConfused

Thanks Reach4! Yes that coupler is a little off. It actually seems like the pipe in the left side of the coupler isn't lining up with the pipe in the right side. I plan to get down there and take another look to see if I can get that straightened out. Hopefully it's as simple as another strap.
  3. SoConfused

Thanks Terry! I appreciate the help and the forum. I know I've only scratched the surface but I've sure learned more about plumbing than I ever imagined I would need to know. :)
  4. SoConfused

Good idea! Thanks Wayne. It's been a pleasure.
  5. SoConfused

Thanks Wayne! Yeah, I can't think of many people who would tackle that project with me just out of the kindness of their heart. She and her husband are the ones who got down there with me and tore out the cast iron. Can't put a price on friends like that. I'm glad you mostly approve of our...
  6. SoConfused

Well it took me and my friend Jeanna 12 hours in the crawl space but we're finished and everything seems to be working fine. We routed the 2 inch line to the side and tied it in downstream of the toilets, and got rid of the double san-tee and low heel outlet. We tried dry fitting a reducing...
  7. SoConfused

Thank you Wayne! That's actually a huge relief to hear. I was afraid it would be considered a hack. Thanks for the part numbers!
  8. SoConfused

The drain goes through a hole through my foundation block so I can't get any more fall. Even with a street san-tee I don't think I have the room to fit a long sweep on the bottom. When I splice the wye into my 3 inch drain to connect the two inch pipe I won't be able to swing the 3 inch line...
  9. SoConfused

I don't think the other drain downstream will cause a problem coming in away from the wall. As for the trap with no vent, Wayne is right that after I get the toilets taken care of and the 2 inch pipe routed around, I'll look at what's up stream from there. :) It's been that way since I bought...
  10. SoConfused

I think I could probably run it on either side. That would just give me less room if I needed to do anything to that wall at some point. There's also small ditch along there that runs to the sump pump well. That being said, if it made a big difference in the overall process, it could certainly...
  11. SoConfused

Yes! I missed that this morning when I was going back over everything to make sure I had all of the fittings. You're not too wordy - I'm just like a middle schooler trying to read a college dissertation. LOL!
  12. SoConfused

Two quick questions: 1 - In option 5 above, since the upstream WC joins the 3" drain with a 45 to the end of the vent take-off san-tee, I would not have a cleanout, correct? 2 - If I instead end the line with a combo using the open end for a cleanout do I need to add a 22.5 or 45 to the end of...
  13. SoConfused

Thank you Jeff. I appreciate you checking in and giving your input. I'm glad to have a number of options to choose from!
  14. SoConfused

Will do! I'll be a little nervous in case I do something you disapprove of but I'll send them! :)
  15. SoConfused

Ok, thanks Wayne. Hopefully I'll have time to get this wrapped up this weekend. Can't tell you how much I appreciate the help!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks