Recent content by sirbOOmdotcom

1. sirbOOmdotcom

I'm Trying Here... Attempt to Get Plumber Design Consult Failing

They just didn't show for the appointments for a paid consult so. I want to know where to create the chase(s) for vent pipes if needed or if they can wet vent around doing so - particularly if I have to fur out a wall - so when they come... bada bing, bada boom. I have to plan a bathroom...
  2. sirbOOmdotcom

Yes, over a crawl space with ~3' of room below the 2x8s. Not worried about space for the poop pipes... that's easy. It's the venting.
  3. sirbOOmdotcom

Just plumbers I've called that were recommended by neighbors. Not sure what "specialty" they would be. Just bad luck... plus there's so much being built around me they have better things to do, so it's almost understandable. My drawing is the best of my artistic capability, thank you very...
  4. sirbOOmdotcom

I have engaged three plumbers in hopes to have them come and provide a DWV design for my situation (pictured below). I am converting what was once an unnecessarily large closet into a master bathroom. The closet was an area of this old neglected house that clearly was subjected to roof-born...
  5. sirbOOmdotcom

Moen T8360 Transfer Valve Facia - Is the 3360 Valve Required Or Can I Use The 3372 Valve?

I've scrapped this design and am simplifying. Decided to sell the house and move closer to the city so I don't need to do this fancy stuff for someone else.
  6. sirbOOmdotcom

Plumbing for Hand Held Shower

I am installing a hand shower in my gutted bathroom (along with rain shower, regular shower, and tub). There's two temp valves, two diverter valves, opposite sides of the tub. Certainly overkill, but I'm a consistency OCD nutball. Anywho... I don't get how I connect the hand shower water...
  7. sirbOOmdotcom

Shower head and mixing value on different wall

My former company's training center in Dallas includes hotel suites and the valve was installed opposite the shower head... I love this setup. No getting wet turning the shower on. No reaching over a toilet to turn the shower on. And so forth. I'm doing this in my shower - it's a must for me.
  8. sirbOOmdotcom

Is this shower and valve placement acceptable?

Yeah, sorry. That installation looks terrible to me. I don't want to make this worse for you but I would go absolutely nuts. Obviously we'd need to see the inside of the wall to know how it's built but you won't convince me I can't add a couple studs and remove or at least slice a portion out...
  9. sirbOOmdotcom

Laying water return line on top of framing for ceiling (CPVC or PEX)?

Not CVPC. That's for trailer homes and, evidently, most of Florida. No offense.
  10. sirbOOmdotcom

Tapping a drain line "against the grain"?

If we were talking about just liquids and just a urinal sudden burst, not continuous flow of water, maybe (if you were a risk taker and wanted to fail your plumbing inspection). But since we're talking about a shower drain (continuous flow) and poo poo toilet, let's just say you don't want your...
  11. sirbOOmdotcom

Hot water backflowing

I was going to say... inspect that water heater. Seems suspect.
  12. sirbOOmdotcom

Laying water return line on top of framing for ceiling (CPVC or PEX)?

I would personally have no problem fishing PEX through there so long as it is one single run without a single joint in the pictured area. But I might opt to put hot water pipe foam around it so it doesn't make any noise in the event it moves about.
  13. sirbOOmdotcom

Should I redo these plumbing "joints"

I'm not a professional plumber so, grain of salt, but all of that looks fine to me. I have one push fitting in my house (ball valve shut off for hot water heater feed) because I couldn't get the darn pipe to drain to solder a CC ball valve and the few plumbers that've been to my house (for...
  14. sirbOOmdotcom

Moen T8360 Transfer Valve Facia - Is the 3360 Valve Required Or Can I Use The 3372 Valve?

First, new to the forum. Hi, hello, wassup, yo! Gutting the hell out of my house room by room and I'm on the main bathroom right now. Boy have I found some half-@$$ work along the way that I've had to fix from literally an unused yet live 50' coil of 12/2 wire terminating to nothing but air...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks