Recent content by ShellyPace

1. S

Calcium in water lines

Wow!!! So glad to know that!:eek:
  2. S

Calcium in water lines

Well poo!!! I've known for a while that the water heater was close to its death - been making some popping noises every now and then for the past two years. Gotta love how everything comes around tax time! :eek: Thanks for the suggestion on the brands - I'll definitely avoid Lowe's...
  3. S

Calcium in water lines

Thank you so much for your reply - it was very helpful! I did the vinegar test and am excited to report that the pieces didn't dissolve so I'm assuming that it is my dip tube. Do you have a good website with an explanation on how to replace it? Is it very hard to do? Thanks! Shelly :)
  4. S

Calcium in water lines

I have a 14 year-old house in Austin Texas and I think I have some serious calcium buildup in my lines. I'm always having to clean out the aerators throughout the house and when I fill my bathtub up, there are always little chunks of white pieces that crumble when I crush them up. Is there a...
  5. S

Toilet Leaks when I Shower

My toilet leaks a little bit when I take a shower. It leaks out of the base onto the floor. I changed the wax ring and cleaned out the top of the hole that I could get to. Obviously don't know much about what I was doing. I'm a girl and have done everything at my house myself so far but am...
  6. S

Hot water pressure issues throughout house

Yeah but I wouldn't be flushing the scale, just the debris that went back into the heater from the faucets.
  7. S

Thought So I talked to my neighbors and neither of them have replaced theirs yet. I think I actually have a year or so left in mine if I clean things up a bit. What would happen if I did the idea of stopping up all of the faucets and flushed them back into the actual hot water heater and...
  8. S

Can I flush it out? So, I think I've decided to break down and buy a new hot water heater. Is there a way to flush out all of the pipes and get the sediment out when I do this? How can I get my faucets and shower head clean from the debris and get everything working properly once I install...
  9. S

Awesome! So I'll try replacing the dip tube and cleaning out the cartridges in my faucet (is that where you take off the handles) and flushing out the tank real good. I'll also check with the gas company about renting a tank in the case that mine quits on me.
  10. S

Oh yeah, krow, I'm not familiar with the dip tube - can you explain that a bit more to me or send me to a site that would show me how to do that? I assume my Home Depot 1-2-3 book won't explain that one. :p
  11. S

Thanks Awesome guys - thanks, I guess. :rolleyes: Yeah, I was thinking that I'm just avoiding the inevitable of a new hot water heater. Yes, it's a gas hw heater. I've cleaned all of the aerators in the house. It helped in the kitchen sink last week. I think I'm just fighting an ongoing...
  12. S

My house is 14 years old, not sure how old the HW heater is, but I think it's pretty old - it crackles / bubbles a lot. I flushed it out for the second time in two years, but I never see anything come out. A year ago the hot water stopped coming out of my kitchen sink. I changed the flexible...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks