Recent content by Sergio D

1. Sergio D

Bathtub drain and vent question

It is a 2". I've attached an image that includes a 2" wye for perspective. Even pushed up against the joist I'd only have 2" in between connectors to fit a coupler on. The tub pipe will actually go away (was for old tub). Also, my plan is now to cap off the 2" connection to the main drain and...
  2. Sergio D

Awesome! Thanks so much Wayne, I truly appreciate your time and assistance. If you have a favorite charity, I'd love to make a donation in your name! You probably helped me save up to $1k. I figure I may as well put in a cleanout. I have to remove building finish to put the wye into the main...
  3. Sergio D

Thanks Wayne, trust me, any confusion is only perpetuated by me. I think I'm started to piece together what is required. Would the attached work? Is it okay to have the 45 degree elbows on the vent there? And are the 22 degree elbows allowed at the tub drain? I might be able to squeeze in...
  4. Sergio D

Sorry, I did a terrible job explaining... I shouldn't have said "current". It's really design option 1, no notch... or design option 2, with notch. I'm attaching my current floor plan along with my new one to give a better overview. I'm taking 1 bath and making into 2. Due to my hvac and then...
  5. Sergio D

I've attached the design I was hoping to achieve and what I think would work with a notch. I've also attached a few pictures. As you can see it is very cluttered, but to the left of the joist there is just the 3" toilet drain and 2 supply lines, much easier to work around, plus I can then vent...
  6. Sergio D

Thanks Wayne, I appreciate you taking the time to explain the code specifications dealing with vents. Unfortunately, there isn't room underneath the wall vent (hvac), but I think I can shift the tub to a spot where I have more room under the floor, I will just have to cut a notch in my floor...
  7. Sergio D

I am adding in a new tub/shower and I am dealing with a tight space. I have a drain below I can tie into and a vent in the wall I can connect to. I am wondering if both or at least 1 of my designs are allowed. I believe option 1 makes it a wet vent, I'm just not sure if I'm allowed to use a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks