Recent content by Sbas

1. Sbas

Questions about flushing water lines with bleach/safety?

Thanks for your suggestion. A bit confused though, you said to reduce PH with vinegar but to not use vinegar with bleach?
  2. Sbas

Questions about flushing water lines with bleach/safety?

Hi everyone, I live in a tiny house on wheels and I'm planning to sanitize my lines soon. The water is starting to smell when filling a cup of water up (but smells fine straight out of the external water filter system). I'm curious if flushing with bleach is actually safe to do or not? I'm...
  3. Sbas

Running water line to tiny house from well. Do I need a backflow or Check valve?

I am just going to do it myself so I was going to use sharkbite push connect
  4. Sbas

Running water line to tiny house from well. Do I need a backflow or Check valve?

Ok thank you! Sharkbite also makes Pex A https://www.lowes.com/pd/SharkBite-1-2-in-x-100-ft-Blue-PEX-A-Expansion-Pipe/5001460723 I don't have any of the pex tools so are there any other fittings I can use besides sharkbite push connect? I could dig a little lower but pipe will be insulated as...
  5. Sbas

Ok thanks! I will stick with 3/4". A few other questions I have for anyone willing to answer: 1) Would you reccomend Heatlink Pex A over brands like sharkbite or Apollo? The plumber I spoke to locally made it sound like it's far superior. 2) Besides running the line, adding shut off valve...
  6. Sbas

Oh ok gotcha. Yea that regulates it betwwen 40-60 psi. What size line do you reccomend I run? 1/2 or 5/8 pex?
  7. Sbas

Hey, so what is the pressure switch? And what is the downside to running one? I planned to run a seperate line that will have 1_) Shut off valve 2) Sediment filter 3) check valve 4) Water filter
  8. Sbas

I have a tankless electric water heater so do not need an expansion tank
  9. Sbas

Ok thanks. Yea so the main house on the property is quite old and due to old pipes there is some heavy metal in the house water. But the water tested at the well is great. So I think I will just put something on like this to be safe...
  10. Sbas

Ok. So it's not possible for water to run back into well? Or water line from main house to mix with this new line?
  11. Sbas

Hello, I am going to be running a pex line underground (insulated) to a tiny house on wheels directly from the well (not external hose bib). Do I need a check valve or backflow valve? I want to make sure none of the water potentially mixes with the main house line. Here is a photo inside the...
  12. Sbas

What is this black fuzzy material in my well sediment filter?

Interesting Are you saying apotential sock around the sediment filter? Or somewhere in the pump? Not sure why a sock would be left around the sediment filter.
  13. Sbas

That's a very interesting theory. Are root spouts common in well water? Yes there was a bit of black staining, but it really felt like a fuzzy fabric, not roots. It basically felt like the black material on hepa carbon filters. Is there any chance this specific filter had some sort of carbon...
  14. Sbas

Basically I just want to find out what it is and that the water is safe. Besides a water quality test, what would you reccomend I do? Hopefully not asbestos since I have been showering and doing dishes in it for 6 months.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks