Recent content by saturn

1. S

IE virus wtfvs

Superantispyware is also free, and is very good at detecting the very hard to remove Spyware, Adware, Malware, Trojans, Dialers, Worms, KeyLoggers, HiJackers, Parasites, Rootkits and many other types of threats. I recently had the Vundo virus on my system and this was the only program that...
  2. S

Cracked valve body...

I payed 125.00$, which was about 20% more than the original "American Substandard" faucet cost..(100.00$) So I wound up paying 20% more for a product that is at least 200% better in quality. From what I've read, any valve body that has treads cut into it, instead of a machined orifice to...
  3. S

Cracked valve body...

Maybe you will believe this ..took back my defective ,(American Standard (model 1675 Cadet valve body.)) back to Home Cheapo and asked for a refund..What was wrong with it, she asked..I said it blew up. Expecting an argument ..I was sorely disappointed. She took the box (I just threw stuff in...
  4. S

Cracked valve body...

Am I correct in assuming, only Moen and Delta faucets are made in America...and with your members years of experience...recommend one over the other .. Is their a certain price range at which the quality of the valve body gets better , or are we just paying for fancier finishes and design ...
  5. S

Cracked valve body...

Finally got it out and checked ..not China but MEXICO ... Same place they make some GM trucks...No offense to GM I have 2 of them myself..
  6. S

Cracked valve body...

One thing that really surprised me, was the insulation I used. It's called Roxul and it's a mineral wool,I think it's only available in Canada. Everything in the wall was soaked, 2x4's, drywall..everything, but the insulation only had beads of water on the surface. It did not soak into...
  7. S

Cracked valve body...

It went in pretty easy, just like all the rest....still puzzled as why it would take over a month to crack. Thanks for all your helpful suggestions...this is the best plumbing advice forum on the net.
  8. S

Cracked valve body...

Thank you Bob for you quick reply..can you or any other members recommend a good ..solid valve body...
  9. S

Cracked valve body...

I was expecting that response (replace) but any ideas why it would take two months to spring a leak.. Could be scary if you are a plumbing contractor.. Before I installed it ,I looked inside and the casting was really rough... I had looked at a Moen valve body and it was smooth as glass...
  10. S

Cracked valve body...

I recently redid my tub surround and installed a new American Standard (model 1675 Cadet) valve body. After it was installed ,I turned on the water and it was tight as a drum ..not one hint of a leak. I left the wall open for about a month under pressure ,just to be sure there were no...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks