Recent content by RZPhyxit

1. R

Black Spots in Bathtub.

I have a 12 y.o Rheem (GE) 50 gal gas water heater GEUN1011U00580 (leave off the 4 letters when searching for parts on parts.rheem.com) .I just changed the anode rod and ordered the $15 dip tube to have on hand. It has a separate black rubber gasket that goes with it. There is also a black...
  2. R

Any need to replace this 6 year old anode rod?

Your rod is in excellent condition (assuming the entire length looks like that) Here are 8, 10 and 12 yr rods pulled from AO Smith, Bradford White and Rheem gas water heaters respectively (just done Oct 2023)
  3. R

Anode rod replacement

Me again For my 12 y.o Rheem: I ordered Rheem OEM articulated aluminum $70 parts.rheem.com. For my Fathers 8 y.o AOSmith: OEM full length magnesium $100 supplyhouse.com. For my sisters 10 y.o Bradford White: OEM full length aluminum plus the heat trap insert (separate charge) $112...
  4. R

Anode rod replacement

I have a 57 y.o female friend who has 20 rental units in CA that she performs most of the maintenance and remodeling for 30 years. She only installs Bradford White water heaters, all which have the anode rod under the hot water outlet. A few years ago she heard about anodes and started...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks