Recent content by ron1999

1. ron1999

American Standard v Kohler v Toto

What model of AS toilet do you have?
  2. ron1999

Thanks, Terry. Now, that's information I can use. And, I appreciate that response. I agree that just about any modern toilet will be better than what I have now. At least I hope so anyway. Also, in your profession, how many of the AS 2002.014, Kohler Cimarron K-3589, and Kohler...
  3. ron1999

Funny. :-) So, based on your professional opinion, the difference between an 800 MaP rating, and a 1000 MaP rating, isn't significant? And, the difference between a 3 inch flush valve, and a 4 inch flush valve isn't significant? And, the different between a 2 1/8 inch trapway, and a 2...
  4. ron1999

If I didn't value an "inside opinion" (yours) then I wouldn't have posted on your website. But, I think we're getting off track here. I'm not saying that Toto toilets are junk. And, I'm not saying that AS, or Kohler's are superior in every way to a Toto. It's just not helpful for you, or...
  5. ron1999

Easy, Big Fella. Didn't mean to strike a nerve. I'm just saying that, if someone posts a comment (from over 5 years ago) stating that their American Standard toilet was somehow defective and had to be replaced, then that post doesn't mean anything if they don't state which model it is...
  6. ron1999

Hey, Terry. You have made some very valid points. Especially regarding Consumer Reports ratings. That's why I don't go by their ratings system alone. I also check at least two other sources the Alliance for Water Efficiency website) in order to compare apples to apples for the same models...
  7. ron1999

I'm in the process of completely remodeling two bathrooms which will include the installation of new toilets. One toilet is an early 1960's model. It has never clogged, but uses way too much water. The other toilet is one of the earlier low flow toilets. It clogges constantly. My research...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks