Recent content by rkamphui

1. R

GSHP on order...can this system work?

I also like the "reheater" option using my house grey water but I have the same difficulty as valveman: pipes in the slab. So rather than wasting all sorts of energy reheating water some other way I think I'll take your advice and put the pressure tank in pre-heat exchanger. I read up a...
  2. R

One more thought/question - my heat pump discharge water will be about 38 deg F in the winter. Will I be negating any energy savings by having to rewarm this water (directly or indirectly) for household use? Thanks again, Ryan.
  3. R

Alright - thanks valveman, speedbump, and alternety. I really like the sound of those utility bills valveman, plus I'll have the added benefit of filling/circulating my semi-natural pond (aka my stagnant puddle). I'll also be using the HWG feature, but I'm still not settled on whether I'll be...
  4. R

Thanks for the quick reply Alternety. I should have pointed out that I am in Southern Michigan. We generally don't have issues with lack of water or depleted aquifers but nonetheless I am concerned about displacing millions of gallons of water every year. I asked the question to the HVAC...
  5. R

Hi all. I am ashamed to say that the excitement of cheap heating and cooling overcame my better judgement as an engineer and I after some research on this forum I am afraid I may be overestimating the capabilities of my well. To make a long story short: I just purchased a house with no...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks