Recent content by Richnj

1. Richnj

thumping pipes

Solved the problem! What was happening was that the pipe wants to move as it gets hot. I put my hand on it and i could feel it creaking as it heated up. The plumber hung the pipe with plastic perferated strapping nailed to the joists. I noticed that it was nailed tightly and the pipe couldnt...
  2. Richnj

chilipepper pump

Anyone tryed this device called the chili pepper pump which is a computer controlled recirculation pump for areas of your house that take a long time to get hot water to? Its good for long runs of pipe and on demand systems. Look at www.chilipepperapp.com se what you think and comment.
  3. Richnj

Demand Water Heaters/ DWH/

ps Servicing a demand water heater is the same as serviceing a furnace. A computer and sensors. Like your car. It even diagnoses itself. They get fixed in the field so can demand heaters. Its just that its new (in this country) and professionals are afraid of them, After a while people will...
  4. Richnj

Think again My on demand system is the only way to go in my situation, I have a whirlpool tub that needs 80 gallons to fill it. There for i would need an 80 gal. water heater for a tub that i only use once in a while. There no way thats practical. If you get a big one mines 5.3 gal/min it...
  5. Richnj

on demand response Im not a plumber but own an on demand system made by aqua star.. I think its great! It does take a little longer to make the hot water but its worth it. It sounds like he located the heater far from the house fixtures. That will take even longer. But as far as it wasteing...
  6. Richnj

new pre-soldered copper fittings

Has anyone tryed those new-fangled pre-soldered copper fittings that the home centers are selling now, the ones with the ridges on each end. There almost twice the price of a standard fitting. The manufacturer says that they save time and are less expensive to use since you dont need the 3.5...
  7. Richnj

thumping pipes

I have an on demand tankless hot water heater which works great. It is piped with 1 inch cpvc pipe. Temperature is set at 120, water pressure is between 30- 60lbs (well tank and pump) When a faucet is opened and the water heats up in the pipe, the pipes thump every few seconds. Not real loud...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks