Recent content by Prelude

1. Prelude

Brown water....worried

I want to extend a sincere thank you to all who posted here to give me insight as to what may be going on with our well. Today took samples of our water to an independent testing lab to analyze for bacteria and separate testing for metals. We have been draining and flushing the pressurized...
  2. Prelude

Brown water....worried

Yes, it was quite interesting to say the least it happened at 7:30 in the am. Husband was in the shower and I was banging on the door that we had to leave, told him to forget clothes and just grab a towel. It didn't help that we were on the top floor of the building as it swayed more. It was...
  3. Prelude

Brown water....worried

Yes, agree. The regulations here are if they are fracking within 1000 feet of your well, they must contact you and they cover their butts by doing water testing pre drilling. However a wise homeowner will get their water tested even if they are further out than 1000 feet.
  4. Prelude

Brown water....worried

We do have some small ones occasionally in Pennsylvania, can barely feel them. You know, I don't remember any growing up here either. First major quake I felt was in Maui, 6.8. So freaked out I called home and told family I loved them in the event I didn't see them again.
  5. Prelude

Brown water....worried

ballvalve, I must say I like your style. A lot of what you wrote has crossed my mind. Yes, this person we had out is a BSer and since he no longer is physically able to drill wells any longer, analyzing the mechanics is his mainstay. Did he troubleshoot to my satisfaction, "No". But I am a...
  6. Prelude

Brown water....worried

I need to take a mental break and think things over guys. Had a lot on our plate this past week, getting floors refinished and moving furniture and no kitchen access. Still flushing holding tank. Still getting light gray water and occasional spurts of dark discharge. Not finding granular...
  7. Prelude

Brown water....worried

Who can guess what happened next after Franklin made that move? I don't know, but would like to. They replaced the old pump with a Franklin, 7FR05S4-2W230, 7GPM 1/2 hp, pump set depth 90', 10' from bottom of well. The charge for the pump was a little over $800. Still dirty water, went...
  8. Prelude

Brown water....worried

OK, I am typing directly from original driller's documents: Well and Water System Nomenclature Size of well opening: 6 1/4" I.D. After liner installed: 5" I.D. Well Depth from surface to date: 100 Ft 102 Ft from top of casing Well Produces 15 G.P. Minute Static water level: After...
  9. Prelude

Brown water....worried

From original drillers documents "Depth of Bury to pitless adapter 3 FT, (5 FT from top of casing.) Ok, now that brings up a new question, when new pump was dropped in could or would they lowered the pitless adapter
  10. Prelude

Brown water....worried

Good thought. And I am a female, that is why I sound so uninformed, which I am about these kind of things.
  11. Prelude

Brown water....worried

For many questions I don't know answers. The previous well hit water at 68 feet and was drilled down to 102 feet for reserve. Believe the old pump sat 12 feet from bottom of well. I could write all the specs given to us and reported to the state of Pennsylvania but that would take up too room...
  12. Prelude

Brown water....worried

Oklahoma, I am really trying to understand. So the gravel packing at the base of the well could possibly be affected by the heavy rains and if in turn the pump was failing it could/would disrupt the stuff accumulated in the gravel pack? Just to reiterate, our well was installed in 1986. We...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks