Recent content by polocash

1. P

Flow rate? Flow thru? Water softner restrictions.

I found three different charts on internet on size of water softner. I get answers between 30000 and 42500. That's probably because one calculator added 1 to number of people for appliances. The others did not say to do this. One sight said ave water was 60 per person another said 70 and the...
  2. P

Flow rate? Flow thru? Water softner restrictions.

I hope I can explain this the way I understood it. I was told by a rep selling water softners that the flow rate is as important as the grain count. He said if I was trying to use more water in my house than the softner could keep up with, I would not be getting soft water. Is this possible? If...
  3. P

How do I shop for water softner?

I live in San Antonio and here our water ranges between 15 and 17 in hardness.
  4. P

Should I install a whole house filter before water softner?

Will this help prolong the life of a water softner? Are there other benefits? I already have 2 stage filters at sink and frig. for ice, cooking and drinking water. Rick
  5. P

salt in water due to softner

Does using a water softner with salt put salt into the drinking water? I have been told yes and no by plumbers.
  6. P

How do I shop for water softner?

House: 1600 sq. ft. 2 bath dishwasher, washer, 40 gallon water heater, People: 2 adults and child. See http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=APPL&pid=04238846000 thought this might be OK. Would like to stay under $500 though. Rick
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks