Recent content by PDupuis

1. P

6" brass nipple vs dielectric union

Cleaned the rust with 50% vinegar. Looks much better. Changed my 10-year old anode rod (it was down to the bone, 0% left) and flushed the tank 4 times to get all the sediment out. Hopefully get a couple more years out of the tank. On that note, how to know when I need a new tank?
  2. P

House inspector had mentioned to replace corroded fitting, but not needing replacement, would it be be possible or advisable to try to clean the rust with wire brush and vinegar and maybe pray it with rust dissolve/inhibitor? Or would that not prevent the rust from spreading and only be superficial?
  3. P

Thanks Breplum. That would make sense concerning the leak as the rust hasnt worsened since I go into the house, which makes me think it was preliminary caused from a small leak on install. I've noticed that many experts here have emphasized not to replace fittings or connectors unless necessary...
  4. P

I have a Smith 40 Gallon (GVRL) Water Heater. Called them up and seems the factory anode is 16" aluminum. This unit was installed in 2014, so is 9 years old now. Hot line seems fine although you can see some corrosion on the cold line. They recommended draining the tank, flushing it if there's...
  5. P

Leak between nipple and union

Hi Terry, do you install the 6" brass nipple directly into to the water heater?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks