Recent content by Oldtyme72

1. Oldtyme72

Goodman GMP075-3 Control Board / Ignition issue

The gas in on... that's where it stops. Everything works in order up until that point. There isn't a wiring diagram on the inside but I did find one online that matches mine. You can see in diagram #2 my M1 is yellow, not blue. Those are the ones I thought I might of mis-wired but it...
  2. Oldtyme72

FWIW: It was working fine (other than the relay issue) right before the control board swap.
  3. Oldtyme72

OK. Maybe I shouldn't have attempted this on my own but here we are. Goodman GMP075-3 (Rev. A) apparently had a bad relay. The inducer motor would not turn on unless I tapped on the relay. Sooooo.....I tempted fate & bought a used one on Ebay (probably bad idea) Anyways. I replaced the...
  4. Oldtyme72

Pressure tank life expectancy?

Thanks everyone. I have the day off so I can verify the pressure in my tank. I might have mentioned my well is only 2 inch shallow. When I say "10 seconds" its usually when I'm at the kitchen with the faucet on...when I hear the pump kick on it's usually very quick to turn off. The pump is...
  5. Oldtyme72

Pressure tank life expectancy?

Quick question: There is an 86 gallon pressure tank available nearby. It's one from Lowes (AO Smith?) I asked him and it is 8 years old but the last 5 he was on city water & it was used very sparingly to water his lawn (so he says) New they are $370, he is asking $125 (and wont budge)...
  6. Oldtyme72

Slow recovery from well pump

Don't you hate people that don't follow up? :) Anyways. I want to thank everyone for their help. I successfully NuWelled the system. New (used) pump installed and with the help from my little local hardware store I managed to easily reprime the well & the pump with a pitcher pump. It's...
  7. Oldtyme72

That's was my main concern. What happens when it freezes. Maybe I shouldn't mess around with what works and get the free workout
  8. Oldtyme72

Thanks everyone. Getting the NuWell tabs in today. Will let it work overnight & keep adding water to it during the day. Luckily I have a neighbor a few houses down I can steal water from :) :) I had a question in the meantime. Can I extend the well above the ground here and leave the hose...
  9. Oldtyme72

OK. The pump definitely works. It sucked up a 1/2 gallon in a second. I know they took the foot valve off because it was clogged last time. Did they install a screen over the end of the pipe? I don't know :)
  10. Oldtyme72

Thanks. It was working ok before I changed the pump out . It was just slow to fill. Should I be closing the valves to the tank and house while priming? I left them open and a faucet on a bit. It was spitting a little bit of water but the line seemed dry when I took it off the suction...
  11. Oldtyme72

OK. I'm back. With new problems. If you read above the problem I was having. So I purchased & installed a used shallow well pump. Before installing I verified the check valve was functioning properly. I have no foot valve so whatever water was in the line surely dropped during...
  12. Oldtyme72

Thanks. I was able to google & see exactly what was going on in there. So...if it was set up with a shallow jet nozzle.... would it be safe to say a normal shallow pump would suffice should I want to replace it? The pump does work, just runs a long time before it fills up the pressure...
  13. Oldtyme72

I don't have any type of plug like that on mine. Seems I have a deep well pump with the 2 connections but there is a 2 into 1 piece making it a single. Attached is the picture of what I mean. This came off my old pump but the current is the same. Is that nozzle in there the jet? I would...
  14. Oldtyme72

No air in the water. I get a nice steady stream. Even when the bladder tank is low & the well is pumping in the water. I would need instruction on what exactly I should be cleaning. (the jet) Yes. My well is 2 inches. The incoming pipe is also 2 (I guess) It is connected at the top of the...
  15. Oldtyme72

Sorry for the delayed response as I forgot I had posted, but still having same issue. It is set for 30/50. It does turn on & off without issues. I checked my pressure tank yesterday & it was a little low so I refilled to 28. It doesn't lose pressure so I assume check valve (right before...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks