Recent content by Noreastern

1. Noreastern

Toilet flange question

Alright, I've narrowed it down to two options: (a) Cut out and replace that portion of the plywood subfloor with a new piece that has a correctly sized hole. Install cement board on top of this and anchor the flange through the cement board and plywood. The appeal of this option is that it...
  2. Noreastern

Toilet flange question

Thanks all for the comments. Putting aside the height issue -- cement board and tile will add about an inch above the plywood subfloor. What if I take a piece of 3/4" plywood smaller than the base of the toilet but larger than the current hole, cut an exact hole for the flange, then screw that...
  3. Noreastern

Toilet flange question

I have attached pictures below. I contacted Toto and they also said the flange should be flush with the finished floor. Apparently, the part that connects to the drain pipe is wider on many Totos than other toilets. If the flange is too high, this connector can get stuck on the lip of the...
  4. Noreastern

Toilet flange question

I am renovating a bathroom in a 1940s house. The toilet waste pipe and flange are original, cast iron. The old toilet flange was too high above the floor. So I cut off the old flange and am going to have a plumber set a new flange (cast iron again) once the floor is installed. In the meantime...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks