Recent content by Newhomeowner74

1. Newhomeowner74

Black spots in tub - new house (2014)

Update - water recirculator turned off - still have black specks after a week. We also checked the water floor heating system. Black specks there too!!!! That means it is either the hot water tank being the culprit or some sort of rubber connections into or out of the hot water supply that...
  2. Newhomeowner74

Upon closer inspection after running another hot water tub, it is definitely tiny black pepper like specks. It stays that way at the bottom until I press on it. Once I do it smears and streaks. I can even pick it up and smear it between my fingers!!! Ideas? How can I find out if I have any...
  3. Newhomeowner74

Our water heater is a Bradford White model CSW2TW75T10BN and YES! we do have a hot water recirculation system. The plumber that came through today suggested we cut off the water recirculation system and see if that helps (he thinks that would be the only source of "lubricant" that could...
  4. Newhomeowner74

Thanks JR, we had a plumber in this morning and he is baffled. We do not have any stainless steel braided flex hose attached to the water heater. We do have Pex line in between copper lines. We now see that there is an oily film over the water. Our toilets and fridge water supply is fine -...
  5. Newhomeowner74

Hi all, Please help me with this problem as I have young kids and I am worried that these black spots are not healthy for them. I see these black spots mostly when I draw a bath in the tub. Once it drains, I see little black specks stuck to the side of the tub and at the bottom of the tub...
  6. Newhomeowner74

Black Spots in Bathtub.

Hi all, Hope to restart this tread as I am having the same problem. We have a Bradford White hot water tank. The house was built new in 2014. We are having lots of black specs that smear in the bath tub. The city water is moderate (not particularly hard or soft). I am hoping a number of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks