Recent content by nelaco

1. N

Stems are too tight

Should I try removing the whole "thing"...what do you call it anyway. I am talking about the part that holds the stem. Thank you.
  2. N

Stems are too tight

I tried while opened, but still really hard. How easy are they to brake? I'll get the tool from Home Depot then. Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it. Nelson
  3. N

Stems are too tight

Yes, I was able to remove THAT one...but I still have 5 left. The part number was from Danco FOR American Standard at Home Depot. How do I remove the seat? Special tool, or just a long allen wrench? Should I leave the ones that are too tight alone? Thanks again for the help.
  4. N

Stems are too tight

The stem I used to replaced one that came off was American Standard 9C-23H/C stock 9DD0 15700B. I don't have an access door on either one of these showers. Thank you for any help you can give me. Nelson
  5. N

Stems are too tight

Hello everyone, I just moved to a house built in 1966 and to of my showers don't shut all the way so I get a bit of a drip, and this is after really closing the faucets thight. I've tried to remove the stems to rebuild them or replace them, but they are just too tight. I am not sure how...