Recent content by MJH78

1. M

Why won't this connection SEAL?

I just started all over and got a 1/2" tee connecting to the pipe from the wall, 1/2" close nipples on each side of the tee, the boiler faucet on one nipple and the valve for the water line on the other nipple. thanks.
  2. M

Thanks. didn't have any problems as far as connecting the two. Everything seemed to thread on very smoothly. I suppose the washer hose to pipe thread worked out ok because there was a rubber washer in there. I guess I will fix the Tee to faucet connection with an adapter and call it a day. I...
  3. M

well I got the Tee because I couldn't find a Y. coming off that Tee on one end I have basically an allthread (threaded on both sides) that converts it from female back to male and then I put the washer hose right back on that. Leak proof (and yes this "allthread" did appear to be tapered some)...
  4. M

Ok perhaps I'm an idiot here, but I'm a novice and...picture a standard shut off faucet for a washing machine. You attach the washer hose to the end of this faucet. Say I remove this hose and want to attach a 3/4 inch brass tee instead. I've got the Tee and it threads on nice and smooth, lots...
  5. M

New closet flange, still leaking, help please

I understand you didn't want me to leave the toilet like that. thanks for the idea. when i pulled the toilet, wax seal was real strong and there didn't appear to be any wax in places it shouldn't be such as inside the flange extension that goes down into the pipe. however, if I were to use this...
  6. M

I will probably call a plumber and get lead replaced. Let me ask you this, just so I understand how this is supposed to work. I pulled the toilet and pulled the flange. tipped the toilet over and put the flange around the horn just to see how it fit. Like I said, it's a PVC flange that went...
  7. M

so hypothetically if everything is installed right and I don't have any clogs in the line, if I just put the toilet on the flange with no wax ring and do not even secure it to the flange, if I flush it, it should not leak at all?
  8. M

Ok I understand your point now. I might try the flange with the expansion seal. come to think of it, my flange might be cockeyed on there. I mean it looks flat, but like I said, I could not get that flange flush to the floor. Maybe had a little too much lead sticking up on that one side..and the...
  9. M

I'm not sure what to make of that suggestion. What purpose would that serve?
  10. M

thanks. So you think the leak was probably occuring down an inch or two inside the pipe where the PVC ended and then just backing up and coming out the sides of the toilet? Would using a flange with the rubber gasket inside that expands out to the lead work?
  11. M

Ok here's my situation. replaced all the subfloor under the toilet in bathroom. Put down new linoleum. The pipe coming up through the floor is a 3" lead pipe. So I go buy a PVC $4 closet flange that fits down INSIDE the lead pipe. It doesn't have the gasket thing on it that you tighten with the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks