Recent content by MidtoupperMichigan

1. MidtoupperMichigan

Artisian well not in use since previous cottage torn down

Good to know. I can put the pump right in the garage but the garage is not heated and it does get cold there but the garage is on a cement slab so the ground is probably 45 degrees year round and the water is probably similar and I could make an insulated box around the pump and water line from...
  2. MidtoupperMichigan

Thank you for the photos and info. Silly question, but my artisian well head is located maybe 3o' to 35' away from the crawlspace so do I put all the items you had photos of inside the basement? It looks like the previous owner may have had the pump possibly in the garage about 2 ft from the...
  3. MidtoupperMichigan

For new northern MI cottage near Petoskey should I get 80% efficient furnace

I have thought of the motel unit style combined ac/heat. Brand new crawl space so hopefully I insulate and seal off correctly to not have mice problem. Other cottages in the area dont seem to have a mice problem so may be hopefully good. But good points on not flexible duct work. I imagine...
  4. MidtoupperMichigan

Do they make a short hybrid water heater to fit 5 block tall crawlspace or just get 38 gallon elec?

Thank you. Great points again. I will look at a bill from another cottage nearby.
  5. MidtoupperMichigan

Do they make a short hybrid water heater to fit 5 block tall crawlspace or just get 38 gallon elec?

Thank you. Thank you. I also happen to have natural gas there from DTE and dont have to use propane but still I will look over the great information you have provided! My comparison is going to be to a "$296 estimated yearly energy cost" Rheem 38 gallon dual 3800 element electric heater that...
  6. MidtoupperMichigan

Great points! I am also wondering if the hybrid will just eat up the heat from my furnace heat in the room?
  7. MidtoupperMichigan

Wow, that is amazing information. The cottage sits just above the 42 line in the map. I do have a forest blocking wind from the north and a couple larger homes blocking wind on sides as bonus. Just saying, its not on a hill overlooking Lake Michigan for instance with crazy wind so that is...
  8. MidtoupperMichigan

Wonderful information! The other thing I figured out is that I will also be heating the crawlspace as I will be having water and sewer pipes down there and probably my water heater too so that is the same size sq ft but only 45" walls and then probably another 10" inbetween the beams of height...
  9. MidtoupperMichigan

So heat exchanger between the heat pump and the tank on a hybrid or a on demand water heater? And so do you think for my situation, that a basic short conventional electric water heater is a reasonable solution?
  10. MidtoupperMichigan

Block walls are not insulated but I am considering putting up foam board if that is a good way to do that? Crawlspace is currently not finished as I have areas to finish covering from where the steel beams lifted and set the cottage down on the new foundation so it could be vented but I am...
  11. MidtoupperMichigan

I was thinking of installing a tankless on demand water heater but the guy that does the winterization for me up there said they get too much build up and then I hear they have shorter life spans. He says the water I have has too much mineral build up issues for a tankless. I also hear they...
  12. MidtoupperMichigan

I have a lot we purchased that had a previous cottage that use to be on it before we bought the lot. The old cottage was torn down before we owned the lot. The well is still there. It is an artisian well as all the cottages have in the area. The artisian well has not been used for maybe 5...
  13. MidtoupperMichigan

Shallow Well Questions

Ill watch your thread as I have an up north MI cottage with artisian well that was hooked up to previous cottage on the lot for who knows how long but now I have a new cottage there that I will be connecting the well to. Thanks for posting the questions and by the way, is your pressure tank...
  14. MidtoupperMichigan

I have a 662 sq ft 2 bed 1 bath cottage we moved to a new 5 block tall foundation and I am going to replace the existing propane unit standing in center of cottage with a natural gas forced air furnace. I plan to locate the new furnace in the crawlspace. I was told that an 80% furnace since...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks