Recent content by mbmsv

1. mbmsv

Problem connecting a 1-1/2" poly pipe to a PVC or ABS pipe.

Looks like what I need... Or is it better to use a flexible coupling? Thank you.
  2. mbmsv

Problem connecting a 1-1/2" poly pipe to a PVC or ABS pipe.

I need to connect a new sump pump to an existing discharge pipe, which seems to be a 1-1/2" poly pipe and I can't find an adapter that would allow me to connect a rigid ABS or PVC pipe to this poly pipe. Please see the picture for an existing arrangement. I would also like to get rid of the...
  3. mbmsv

Looking for guidance on plumbing for a 5 pcs bathroom

Hello, I am planning to convert an existing small 3 pcs (sink, toilet, and a tub) bathroom into a bigger one, which will additionally have a shower and a bidet. Currently both the toilet and the tub are wet-vented through the sink. Here's a photo of the plumbing taken from underneath: The...
  4. mbmsv

What should I do with this sump pump pit?

Hello experts, This is a repost from another forum where so far nobody has replied to me. I am hoping this is OK. I have this pit in my house and everything about it seems wrong but I am not sure how I can make it right. Please forgive my ignorance but I am not sure I even understand...
  5. mbmsv

Sewer gas smell in toilet bowl

Hi Reach4, I have exactly the same problem and I do believe the problem is the toilet itself but I can't see anything wrong with it. Could you please explain your test with filling the bowl one more time? I read it several times but I am not sure I understand what I should be looking at. Thanks!