Recent content by Mandinca

1. Mandinca

Well pump pressure tank location outdoors ?

I have a domestic water well that is no longer in use having switched to city water prior to my house ownership. All of the well equipment was left connected. I was in this forum a year or so ago troubleshooting the pump and getting advice on a few things related to it. Since my house has city...
  2. Mandinca

Poly pipe to sprinkler heads - fittings not tight.

Good morning everyone. I am trying to test a basic irrigation system above ground before trenching and burying the lines. I bought the 3/4 and 1/2" poly pipe from Home Depot (the black stuff which is thin walled and kinks easily) as well as some rainbird heads, elbows, tees and reducing tees...
  3. Mandinca

New homeowner - well not working

Hi Reach4, a bit more background. I have city water but this well is still operational although disconnected indoors. When I tried to test it I found that everything worked but I got no water to the tank. So, I tested a few things and found everything was ok so I had to have a leak. Turns out...
  4. Mandinca

Hello again all. I have found that the pitless adapter is leaking, looks very much like it's leaking at the o'ring. The problem is, it's about 4 feet down the well pipe so I can't actually reach it by hand. Digging out from the outside is impossible. When I pull the pitless the part that is...
  5. Mandinca

Delta Acrylic Bathtub Drain Sealant

Thanks, I have Sta Put but nowhere on the package does it say that it's stain free. Mine is not the sta put "ultra" though and, in fact, the directions on mine say "do not use sta put in direct contact with marble, granite or other porous stone, ceramics or manufactured substitutes, use...
  6. Mandinca

I thought about doing this too but my tub is installed, the black layer is also very close to the acrylic layer and I would be cutting in a confined space - the last thing I need to do is slip and go through the acrylic....maybe if I'm really careful with a Dremel.....would give me an excuse to...
  7. Mandinca

I have this exact same issue. Can you recommend a non petroleum based putty to use - whenever I search all I get is results for "non staining" rather than "non petroleum". Also, Home Depot sells two versions of the Blue Monster, one with PTFE - which did you use ? Lastly, your drawing shows...
  8. Mandinca

Adding a zone for my basement to a single zone house

Clever stuff, thanks for suggesting it, I never would have thought to run two pumps on separate switching like that. My rather limited experience is of adding a zone to an already two zone system operated by valves so just added another valve and figured out how to wire the thermostat in.
  9. Mandinca

Dana, lots of information there, thank you very much. My weekend warrior brain is in overdrive. Yes, I meant the boiler, I have hydronic baseboard heat. I had a look at the heat load calculator....might be a bit confusing for my brain, too many permutations that I am unsure of. So then I went...
  10. Mandinca

So would the plumbing be something along the lines of.... Boiler, a single line exits the boiler and splits before feeding two zones each with their own pump. When a thermostat calls for heat the SR503 powers the related pump and hot water pumps around that zone accordingly until the thermostat...
  11. Mandinca

I have a 1250 sq ft split level home and the main level is heated with one zone of baseboard radiators. The oil furnace provides both the heat and hot water. Since there is no zone valve and presumably no aquastat on the existing set up how can I add a zone and thermostat to heat my 400 sq ft...
  12. Mandinca

I had to give up on the underground pipe. I was able to dig out about 8 inches of the plastic pipe and had a really good view of it when I ran the well pump. The water wasn't leaking at the joint, it was still seeping out from the dirt where the pipe runs underground. I have no idea if the leak...
  13. Mandinca

The well itself seems fine, the large roots are close to ground level and I can see at least 20' down the well with no roots protruding into the casing. As for the underground pipe, I have no idea if that has been compromised other than the leak at the pitless. My fear is that even if I fix the...
  14. Mandinca

The pitless is down about 30" - I was told that the frost line in CT for deck posts (for example) is 42" so I don't know why the pitless is so shallow. I would like to keep the original pipe but I just think it's going to be impossible to get to without endangering the tree.....and I want to...
  15. Mandinca

So I dug down to the pitless adapter but there are so many huge roots in the way that I can't get access to it. Someone planted a tree right by the well and it's about 2' in diameter, the roots are 3-4 inches thick and there are a few in the way. I was able to find where the pipe exits the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks