Recent content by mackenzi25

1. mackenzi25

Main line leak

Valve turned off I turned of the valve and drained all the faucets so that there was no water coming into the house. The meter was still moving at the exact same rate as before and this does have me concerned about a main line leak. I'll also try the food dye trick but I think I may be...
  2. mackenzi25

Main line leak

More info The house was built in 1945. I turned off the main line again and turned off the valves to all the sinks, toliets, showers, etc and the triangle is still spinning. I get a dowel and see if I can poke around but it is amazing that there is zero water in the yard and this has been...
  3. mackenzi25

Main line leak

Thanks for the help Our house in small and includes a basement. The meter is about 20 feet from the house and after the line crosses under the sidewalk, our lawn in built on a hill and we live in Salt Lake City where freezing is a definate possibility. The line could be anywhere from 6 feet...
  4. mackenzi25

Main line leak

We were just notified by the water company that are usage went up 4X over the last month. They checked the meter and it continues to run despite no water in the house. When I shut off the water valve coming into the house the meter still runs although very slow. It looks like there is a small...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks